An initiative of the Woodend Community, the Woodend Community & Cultural Centre is a proposed infrastructure project aimed at rejuvenating the existing library and community centre into a cultural arts precinct with supporting and complementary services.
The time is right to create new and updated facilities at the existing Woodend Community Centre/Library/Squash Court site to better serve the community.
Our focus is creating new and updated facilities at the existing Woodend Library/Squash Court site to better serve the community.
- Market Hall: “Agora” to cater to the growing popularity and visitation of Farmers Markets, Car Club gatherings and realise opportunities in outdoor entertainment
- Updated Library facilities to meet both the modern workplace, but also the changing demographic of Woodend
- Auditorium and performance space for schools, Woodend Winter Arts Festival and meeting spaces for local groups
- Central Outdoor Space for Farmers Markets, Live Music Performances and community gatherings.
- Walk friendly zones leading to Neighbourhood House, Community Gardens, Tennis Courts, Swimming Pool, Skate Park (relocated).
- Realigned parking and thoroughfare for drop offs, bus entry & egress and pedestrian movements.
Acting as a focal point for artistic endeavour, communications and sharing for all Woodend residents this new precinct is designed to serve as a resource for adjoining communities in the Macedon Ranges region.
Established at the start of 2016, the working group aims to:
- Identify the key groups that would benefit from the centres creation
- Articulate the strategy that will ensure quality feedback and outcomes are delivered
- Define the range of services and amenity that the community wants
- Solicit interest for funding and grants that will finance the infrastructure required to make the centre viable.
- Transfer the centres launch into an ongoing sustainable resource for the community
Interested in joining us?
We welcome volunteers who can contribute their skills and expertise to see this project successfully delivered, Contact Us